Web development can lead you nowhere if you have not based it on effective strategies. Jumping upon web development without planning and strategizing is simply like going on a journey without roadmap. As a brand that is planning to make an impactful entry into the web world, you require strategizing the web development activities so that these help you attain your set goals. Right from ensuring visibility to expanding reach, it is the strategies that help you beat the competition and evolve continuously to stay in demand.
Here are some of the web development strategies you must know in order to keep up with the fast changing trends:-
1. Responsive web design: Accessing internet only on desktops is a thing of yesteryears. The customer, these days, have access to plethora of interfaces like tablets, notebooks, mobiles, etc. to get connected to the internet. Accordingly, your web design has to be presentable on any of the gadgets used by the customers. Web design is not restricted to designing a few web pages only; now you have to have a heady mix of apps and other responsive versions of your websites so that you do not lose the attention of your target audience in want of responsiveness. You have to meet the criterion of omnipresence to make sure that every possible interface is made to work like a revenue center for your business.
Web design is responsive design. Responsive web design is web design, done right.
2. Software prototyping: Consumers have very little attention span these days. They can drop off the tool or software or app in no time if it does not meet their expectations, no matter how creative you have been in developing it. Your offering should make the point bang-on, else you have dug your own grave. Thus, before putting the software into function, prototyping has become the essential step. It is essential to know in advance how the software would look like and if it is able to deliver the expected functionalities. Therefore, the developer has to have thorough requirement gathering and analysis done before the actual process, and should be ready for revisions post development, till the final product is refined and sophisticated on all aspects.
3. Research business needs: Research is undoubtedly the backbone of a successful offering. What makes you unique from and better than others?This is something the brand owner has to be sure of at first place before expecting the end users to understand it. How your business is going to be a one stop with solution provider, what resources would be required to handle customer expectations and how these resources would be put to use, to make the offering effective and yielding, are some of the questions that need thorough research. There is no shortcut to success and research is the very first and most reliable strategy that yields results assuredly.
4. Analyze your competition: Competitor analysis is crucial to stay one above the contemporaries. Ostrich approach is certainly not going to work in such highly competitive world where the markets are deeply diversified and are clamored by a number of competitors doing their bit at the same business phase. Identifying weak points of competition and giving solution to those is a great opportunity that may get missed off the radar if analysis of competitors’ approach and offerings is not done.
5. Know your target audience: It is essential to do a detailed profiling of your target audience. Their attitude, perceptions, expectations and buying sentiment are worth knowing in order to prepare your web development process to sync with their attributes. As a long-lasting brand, your challenge is to win the audience and retain it too. With the help of knowing target audience thoroughly, you can make cognitive marketing attempts that guarantee far-fetching results.
6. Use WordPress CMS: A better alternative to relying solely on HTML page, for sure! WordPress CMS offers you lot more than what a conventional HTML page can offer. You enjoy better control over your way of offering using this easy handle. It allows the user to add pages, choose beautifully themed templates, and do lots more. You can go a step further and make the offering open to comments to get data, add tags to enhance visibility. In addition, you are provided with drag-and-drop editors to make your interface quite engaging.
7. SEO friendly design: The design of web property should be close to how a search engine sees it. An important tip includes – putting most important portion of your offering in HTML text format. You must focus on achieving content that is indexable, carrying keywords in sufficient numbers and at prominent places, making links crawlable, and so on and so forth. All such qualities can make your offering become the search engine’s favorite.
8. Optimized HTML5 and CSS: You need to achieve omnipresence given the fact that the points of interaction in world web are many. HTML5 renders fitness to complement multi-device environment and makes it look consistent across all the platforms using single code. CSS imparts readability and engagement to the web property by making it more lucid. Both HTML5 and CSS benefit the businesses by adding to their visibility, offering cross-platform consistency and achieving user-friendliness. All these features make the path to higher ranks on search engine easier.
9. GDPR compliance for web design: Penalties for non-compliance to GDPR are severe, so why take chances? To understand better, GDPR is the legal framework under which the consumers are allowed better control over the data they share with the companies.
How companies should store, collect and used consumer information is regulated by this framework called GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Thus, the web design should be fully compliant with this regulation.
10. Rich Web based custom application development: Businesses of present times are flexible as well as scalable. Custom application development, therefore, is priority rather than an option. Cloud based applications make the environment resource-rich as well as flexible enough to accommodate new changes. Thus, this approach helps introduce changes faster and easier way. Web designers should adopt these features in their products to meet customer expectations.
12. Use DevOps tools: Culture in the organizations of present times is more of collaborative nature. DevOps tools support better collaboration between the developers and operational teams and help bring in the automation of sophisticated level to the way business processes are carried out. Plan, integrate, collaborate, update, and get feedback from the end users – all these processes are now possible with the help of tools. So, DevOps tools make the backend of the services more robust and help reach the offering to the end users in record minimal time.
Be prepared to change yourself the way web changes. This is the main crux behind web development. Customization, automation, faster delivery, sophistication, better visibility and above all compliance – the web developers these days cannot afford to falter on any point. Thus, you must have an intelligent mix of all the strategies mentioned above in your arsenal to keep overcoming the challenges – both foreseen as well as unforeseen.